maanantai 4. maaliskuuta 2013

The structure

I was asked why I'm making the boxes hangin from the rails; why not instead make it the usual way: the boxes standing ON the rails and so on..

I said, good thing you asked since I'm now gonna have to ask the question from myself.. there's really no point in it but let's try to find it out by writing a text:

The project isn't about building a practical LF camera, that works like every other LFC (Large Format Camera) works and IS LIKE any other LFC, except that it's built by ME, with instructions and pictures found in the Internet. It's a little about doing experimental handiwork. When I was 15 and I built a billard table, I didn't google for blueprints and so on. When I started programming, I didn't go throught tutorials; I only snatched little pieces from there and there. As a programmer, I am no professional; professionals would NOT accept my code; I just attach simple bits of systems and procedures and such into a formation where they work like a greater and more complicated system (I love systems). It's a little same thing here with the LFC.

I'm NOT building a camera like any other. I'm trying to make my own! And I'm sad because the rails and the hanging style are, in the end, the only original things in the project.


ps. there's dozen of old photos hanging in the hallway. Mother asked me to think about re-photographing --> copying them. First, I denied since my 35mm film is in bulk package, my chemistry is running out and I'm not planning to buy another set very soon since it's so freakin' expensive, and the camera, well, it's a great camera, but I should set the whole dark room somewhere because I currently don't have a good darkroom, just my sister's old room with sheets on the window and red leds trying to work like WELL THERE WAS plenty of reasons. But then I thought.

Let's finish this camera and recapture the photos. Then, when we have super negatives, sized A4, we'll do, what you call it, surface drafts? Great idea..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti